-->

Follow Me

Friday 4 October 2013

HTC One named 'phone of the year' at T3 Gadget Awards

The HTC One also won the T3 design award and the coveted gadget of the year, as well as being nominated for tech brand of the year.
“It’s been a brilliant night for HTC and the HTC One is deserving winner of three of the biggest awards," said Kieran Alger Editor-in-chief of T3.
"The HTC One is HTC back to its best, producing one of the most capable and stylish smartphones ever. It’s not only a beautiful looking phone that stands out amid a lot very similar handsets, it’s also a superbly powerful piece of kit."
He added: "HTC has gone for quality all over this tremendous handset. From the bold move of including a camera that employs 'fewer but better' pixels, to the Beats Audio speakers and its killer feature that lush, 4.7-inch, full-HD screen.”
Other multiple winners on the night were Apple, which won computer and tablet of the year with its 11-inch MacBook Air and iPad Mini, and Sony for digital camera and TV of the year with its Nex-6 and Bravia KD-65X9005A.
Google Glass was named innovation of the year, Netflix digital media service of the year and Samsung tech brand of the year. Jason Bradbury, host of Channel 5's The Gadget Show, was named tech personality of the year.
Meanwhile, Michael Acton Smith, founder and chief executive of British entertainment company Mind Candy, and Chris Anderson, curator of TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design), a global set of conferences owned by the private non-profit Sapling Foundation, both received accolades for their contribution to the world of technology.
Acton Smith received the Outstanding Contribution To Tech 2013 Award and Anderson (who established Future, the international media business that owns T3) was the recipient of the inaugural T3 Tech Legend award.
”T3 has long been one of my favorite magazines and I'm tickled pink they would do this − even if the truth is that the award should go to the large numbers of people around the world who have collectively taken TED from being a small conference to a broader celebration of transformative technologies and ideas,” said Anderson.

Source: Telegraph

previous article
Newer Post
next article
Older Post

Post a Comment

Name

Email *

Message *